Multibeat Creative – Rate Sheet – Winter 2019
Rates updated 2019/01/23. All rates in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
First-time customers always receive 25% off. Thank you for choosing Multibeat.
It is always best for the client to contact us for a quote on a project to assess needs and work out a budget. Usually an attractive flat fee can be negotiated for any project.
The regular rate for services, including consulting projects, is $70.00/hour. Note: studio rental and equipment rental rates may apply.
*** Please note that all amounts payable shall be made out to: MULTIBEAT MUSIC. ***
Our Standard Terms: we require 50% advance payment to begin – no exceptions. The remaining 50% final payment is expected before delivery of the final product. Two rounds of go-backs/fixes are included, after which the full daily work rate will be applied. 30 days net payment is encouraged for general harmony. Compound late payment interest of 5% will be applied to all balances outstanding after 60 days.
Music Mastering & Mixing
- Deluxe mastering (analog outboard, advanced techniques): $170/song
- Mastering from provided stems (fine mix tweaks, analog summing): $240/song
- Mixing and mastering from provided tracks (cleaned tracks or stems): $320/song
- Mixing (with final to be mastered elsewhere): $200/song
- Budget-conscious mastering – simple yet competitive (not recommended): $100/song (discounts do not apply)
Mix/master rate reduction – when multiple songs are delivered within a 48-hour period, the following discounts apply to the above rates.
- EP rate (4-7 songs): 10% discount
- album rate (8-14 songs): 15% discount
- bulk rate (15+ songs): 20% discount
On mix projects where considerable editing/clean-up is required, music editing time may apply.
For instrumental and vocal editing, voice leveling, editing individual tracks including drum track editing, film music editing, miscellaneous music clean-up, the rate is $70.00/hour. A flat fee can be arranged.
Hot Pipes™ – Total Vocal Coaching
Karl Mohr’s vocal program as laid out on this website features three aspects: pre-session coaching, the recording session, post-session editing and mixing. The cost of pre-session coaching and post-session edit/mix are project-dependent – please contact for a full evaluation. For the recording session, if recorded at Multibeat, the all-in rate is $100.00/hour (coaching, engineering, vocal production). If recording at another studio with another engineer, Mohr’s coaching rate is $70.00/hour. After the singer & project evaluation, a quote will be prepared.
Creative Music Services
Music composition, film scoring, song-writing, music arrangement and orchestration, music supervision, music remix, music compilation – please contact us for quotes on these services.
Music Lessons & Music Technology Lessons
Private 1:1 song workshops, production lessons and tutelage in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Kontakt, Maschine, Traktor, sound editing, mixing, etc – typically $70.00/hour.
Music Production & Song Development
Album pre-production planning, music production/programming, song development, recording; working 1:1 intensively and creatively with a solo artist or band; artist development – unless there is a significant album budget, these are no longer offered.
Multibeat Creative’s podcast services are a new sphere of activity – rates are priced competitively. Budget calculations for podcast recording, edit, mix and master are outlined on our Podcast Budget Examples page.
Recording your podcast can happen in three places: 1. record at Multibeat’s studio, 2. record under Karl Mohr’s supervision at a local studio, or 3. Multibeat comes to your location with a mobile recording kit. Contact Multibeat for a consultation on your podcast project and we can recommend the best course of action based on your content, energy, tone, level of professionalism and available budget.
Recording a Podcast at Multibeat
- engineering labour – basic rate of $70/hour
- engineering labour – additional +1 hour for setup/teardown
- equipment/studio – no charge for up to (3) live mics, eg. (2) hosts + (1) guest
- equipment/studio – $30 per additional live mic (based on maximal setup)
- equipment/studio – $50 extra for Skype patch setup
Recording a Podcast at Other Studio
- technical consultant labour – basic session rate of $30/hour
- equipment/studio – additional studio and engineer cost to be negotiated
- connecting you with an appropriate studio – free! We’ll recommend our favourites.
Recording a Podcast with Location Recording Kit
- engineering labour – basic rate of $70/hour
- engineering labour – additional +1 hour for setup/teardown/travel
- equipment – $160 flat rate for up to (3) live mics. eg. (2) hosts + (1) guest. Mobile kit includes: laptop, audio interface, (add’l mic preamps), headphone preamp, microphones, clips, stands, pop filters, wind screens, headphones, cabling.
- equipment – $50 per additional live mic (calculated on maximal technical setup for the session
- equipment – $100 extra for Skype patch setup.
- note: the minimal cost for one hour mobile recording session is $300
- travel expenses – may be back-billed if significant (outside GTA).
Podcast Editing & Mixing
Once your podcast has been recorded, it requires editing, mixing and mastering to be ready for distribution. Add the following cost to take your raw recordings through to final.
- base rate $10/minute of program running time
- this is based on $200 for a 20-minute episode
- for multichannel, this is a maximum of (3) channels. eg. (2) hosts + (1) guest
- additional channels: add $2/minute for each additional guest. eg. $40/episode
- mixing/mastering/delivery included in the cost of editing
Podcast Music & Branding Assets
Aside from the quality of the voice recordings, nothing indicates professionalism in podcasting like custom-created radio-style intros, outros and bumpers. Custom-composed theme music is a vital step towards brand recognition. Contact Multibeat for a quote on a total podcasting package, including custom music and sound effects assets.
Sound for Picture – Film, Television, Games
Special Sound Effects Creation/Design
Karl Mohr has had extensive experience as a top class sound designer on multichannel IMAX films. SPFX sound design in mono/stereo/multichannel: $700.00/day or project flat fee.
Audio Postproduction including Sound Editing
Project sound supervision: please inquire.
All film- and media-related audio services, such as sound editing to picture, dialogue editing, foley recording/editing, voiceover recording, mixing/re-recording: $700.00/day.
Assistant tasks, such as assistant sound editing, logging, transcription, file conversion and preparation: $500.00/day.
Multibeat has a roster of non-union talent at hand. Rates may vary with the individual voice actors and also with the complexity/duration of the subject matter. Please contact for a quote on your project. Ballpark non-union rate for talent: $200.00/hour. If recording voiceover at Multibeat, the studio rate is $70.00/hour including engineer.
Recording Studio Rate
For basic vocal, solo instrument recording, voiceover recording, music production / generic studio time at Multibeat, a rate of $70.00/hour is charged including the engineer. Block rates are available. The compact Pro Tools- and Logic Pro-based studio, in the lovely Annette/Runnymede area of Toronto, features a relaxed recording atmosphere. See our gear list.
Karl Mohr often takes talent/projects into suitable Toronto-area studios. The following code names and current rates are for internal use. PM is a centrally-located compact voiceover/ADR/vocal studio: indie rate $25.00/hour; corporate rate $40.00/hour. TR is a large studio in the west end: indie rate $60.00/hour; corporate rate $75.00/hour; 3 hour minimum booking and day rate discounts are available. RH is a medium studio in the west end: one rate $70.00/hour including engineer; reduced rate if Karl Mohr is engineering. Depending on the project, a producer rate may or may not apply when recording in these studios. One hour setup/teardown may or may not apply.
Video Production Rates – Short Videos for Small Businesses
Currently we produce a professional-level five-minute HD video for website/kiosk/presentation with custom music soundtrack and full audio postproduction to a stereo mix for between $1500.00-$2500.00 depending on the needs of the client. Package deals are available for a series of videos, language versioning, multiple-property real estate walkthroughs, etc. Multibeat injects a level of creativity and professionalism in videomaking; if you need to upgrade to a more professional public presentation, contact Multibeat to work out a detailed quote and see samples or previous work.
Workflow & Data Management
FileMaker Pro & Keyboard Maestro
Custom database solutions developed in FileMaker Pro, whether for complex film industry audio post organization, administration, or other needs. Custom time-saving workflows built in Keyboard Maestro to save you days or weeks of time, including custom human user interfaces. Combinations of DAWs such as Pro Tools or Logic Pro, FileMaker Pro, Keyboard Maestro, control by USB/MIDI. If you find yourself disorganized or wishing your could automate some aspect of your workflow, please contact Karl Mohr for a free evaluation.